Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2006, 03:20 AM
angelbree9528

Default Can't log into Yahoo messenger or mail!

I've been trying to log into my yahoo account, and all I get is invalid user ID or password. I've tried to lookup my account ID, and it pops up that my information doesn't match their files. Can someone help me?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:55 AM
strawberryshortcake_aj

Default Invalid information

I also have been trying to log into my Yahoo account, only to be told that I dont have the correct information. PLEASE HELP before i lose all my emails.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:34 AM
vintech_cycles

Angry can't log in

I am the director for Mad Dog MC Tokyo Japan. I have not been able to log in since Saturday. It said Yahoo was doing upgrades and be back on line shortly. After that I have not been able to log in. Keeps saying log in I.D. or password is wrong. I do a lot of business with my account. Right now I am waiting for hotel and airline confirmations to come back for upcoming motorcycle events though out asia. With out being able to sign in I don't know if I got them or not. I need help getting back my mail. I had to start another account but that doesn't help with the short time I have to get everything arranged for 7 trips to philippines,hong kong and thailand. If any one can help It would be appreciated. Thanks

Ken "Beaker" Adkins #151
Mad Dog MC
Tokyo Japan Chapter
Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 AM
kishmu

I had been tricked too. A friend of mine sent this bogus link through yahoo Messenger:

[url]http://geocities.com/pics_of_my_vacation_2006[/url]

I clicked on it without carefully checking the URL. It took me to a yahoo-like username/pwd entry screen. I was careless in thinking my cookie expired so I am required to re-login. I did so and so stupidly gave my password to the hacker. The hacker phished for my amex and other information I had in my inbox, and tried to gain access to my credit cards. I closed online access to all my cards. Still, I wonder what else I had in my inbox. I wrote to yahoo to disable my account immediately, but I guess its a little late. The hacker probably got what he/she wants.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
randy12085

Default Familiar (unfortunately) theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbree9528
I've been trying to log into my yahoo account, and all I get is invalid user ID or password. I've tried to lookup my account ID, and it pops up that my information doesn't match their files. Can someone help me?

You could follow this link [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email] . Write them often and as soon as you get a computer generated response (which you will) send it back to them. Persevere. I sent them 30 and got my account back in nine days.

Some creep hi-jacked my account and changed the information. After awhile yahoo will believe that you are you, when you get your account back you will see that your profile answers were altered by your hacker.

I wish you success. Randy
Old 08-09-2006, 04:45 AM
victim_pwd_plshelp

Default Tired of contacting Yahoo !

Hey Randy,

I was so glad on reading your response and to know that perseverance really works. Its been more than a month since my account got hacked under the same phishing scam. And I have tried sending all the possible information that I remembered but to no avail. They just wont listen. I am tired of explaining them that the information is compromised but they wont just consider that fact.

Is there a way that I can convince them ? I have even asked them if they want me to send my photo ids or any other identity.

Please let me know how should I go about it.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
randy12085

Default Yahoo customer non-care

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim_pwd_plshelp
Hey Randy,

I was so glad on reading your response and to know that perseverance really works. Its been more than a month since my account got hacked under the same phishing scam. And I have tried sending all the possible information that I remembered but to no avail. They just wont listen. I am tired of explaining them that the information is compromised but they wont just consider that fact.

Is there a way that I can convince them ? I have even asked them if they want me to send my photo ids or any other identity.

Please let me know how should I go about it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately we are dealing with an organization that is screwed up and KNOWS it is screwed up but does not care. Heck, go to their corporate information page where the bios of their top execs are listed with their em links. Above the links is a notice that if you write to these people re: a customer care issue THEY WILL NOT RESPOND!

Arrogance? Is it a free service when you are bombarded with advertising every time you manage to access it?

Other than multiple requests to account security our only other means of addressing these problems is to get their attention by addressing the issues in open media such as letters to pc mags and other online services. Contact sales depts at their advertisers and inform them that they are associated with a service that refuses to acknowledge customer relations.

Does it sound too David and Goliath to you? Glance at how many people have read these posts. Now imagine that each one of those people conacted,say, Disney. Do you think that if Disney gets 1000 em complaining about yahoo that they wouldn't contact yahoo? And thats if we each sent only one a piece.

I do believe that if enough people work to affect the bottom line at yahoo they will have to listen. If we are irritated enough to send 30 em to yahoo customer non-care we should be motivated enough to send 30 em to their advertisers.

I wish you success. Randy
Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
randy12085

Default It is this simple......

sent to AAA, a Yahoo advertiser:

Comments: Are you aware that many Yahoo mail accounts have been phished and
hacked? When the real owners contact yahoo, yahoo rarely responds with other
than computer generated email replies.

Your advertisements are meant to target this audience, right? Well these people
are angry at the service that carries your message.
TYPE: AAA.COM
MODE: Web Site

Any Yahoo advertiser has a "contact us" link after you click on their ad. Of course it is a lot easier to moan and complain to those who CAN'T do anything about your account.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
kishmu

Ok, I have lost all hope of getting back access to my account. Reason is I am unable to provide the secret answer that matched whats in their system. I tried all possibilities, but thats not helping.

Here is my story:
I lost my password through a phishing scam. The phishing URL was sent from my Yahoo buddy in messenger. And what more, the URL is a Yahoo geocities link!
I contacted Yahoo security because their password recovery page is useless without a correct zip, which obviously is changed by the hacker. They did contact me, but their replies had lot of pre-written stuff, which I really dont care to read. Now my secret answer doesn't match. I wonder if even that was changed! So I have lost access to emails. What I fail to understand is why the alternate email address wasn't used as an authentication level. It is *very* easy for the hacker to change critical information about u (that which is required in password retreival) and disable you permanently from accessing your own account!! What more, the hacking community has used Yahoo's own Geocities to their advantage and faked their own login screen!
I strongly feel Yahoo must be liable for what they have done to their users. Loss of sleep and peace. I have registered a complaint with FTC. I urge that everyone who has suffered to the same against Yahoo's questionable practice.

If you have Gmail account, start using that instead. Try "forgetting" something and go through their password recovery. See how well they have thought on using alternate email address.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:08 PM
elrania

I have too been hit by this have not been able to log in since 8/13 and Yahoo customer service is no help at all I have tried emailing them repeatedly but to no avail I don't remember giving into a phising scam.. but I have changed everything that was routed to that account. It makes me mad I've already paid the 19.99 I pay each year for it now I have a hacker using it..

Last edited by elrania : 08-18-2006 at 08:10 PM.