Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005, 03:19 AM
New Jersey Bill

Default Latest Yahoo password phishing method

I got my passowrd hijacked on yahoo from a page that looked like yahoo - american greetings. Message subject was close to: You have an egreeting card waiting. What sort of caught my attention was when I clicked on the link in the message, it sent me to a "yahoo/american greetings page that brought over my yahoo ID and asked for my yahoo password. when the "card" came up it was a very generic graphic with no signature. I should have gone back to yahoo and changed my password right away, but didn't. Now my email account isn;t mine any longer.

Bill
Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Beths323i

Default Phishing Issues on Yahoo

Unfortunately, I had my Yahoo account "phished" also. Yahoo customer service really is pathetic and I have been unsuccessful in getting back my Yahoo account.

Yahoo Customer Service agents lack professionalism and really could care less on you or your accounts. Gotta love Yahoo!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Reaper

Gotta also remember about how many people Yahoo is dealing with on a daily basis. I am sure that paid accounts take first dibs. But keep working on them as a few of us have and gotten back our accounts with the info we gave them. You'll eventually get through. Took me 3 months.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:21 PM
akatheone310

Thumbs down Yahoo!'s cust. service SUCKS

I dont care How many people yahoo deals with on a daily basis - they need to do a better job at helping people who have these problems.

One of my accounts was "phished" about a Year ago and i STILL have not gotten my account back. I know of a few people who have gotten theirs back (all white people I must add) - and it's the kinda thing to make u wonder if racism is somehow involved.

Yea, I know people here in America hate hearing the race card pulled, and I dont know that it is Race - in fact I DO know it's a Poor Customer Support Issue, more than anything else I could 'dream up'.

The problem is the automated service. Robots cannot serve Human Beings. It's bull and they need to cut it out. The emails back and forth do nothing when the person who Phished your Password, Changed answers to your secret question - And even though They should be able to tell that it was Recently Changed - Still yahoo does Nothing.

It's bullshit really - again - I lost my first account about a year ago - still have not gotten it back. I wrote to yahoo telling them that I had the Message Archive FOlders stored on My computer - how else would I have those, if I wasnt the guy that I was claiming to be? - But yahoo's automated email responder is programmed to look for answers to Their questions - and nothing else.

I even called, and called, and got transferred to as high as I could - To voice my complaints (after finally finding a phone number to reach them on) - and still, my complaints did nothing.

Yahoo is ignoring their "Free Customers" and that's exactly how they are going to LOSE people - give it enough time and you'll see it start happening. People build relationships via Messenger. People do business deals via Messenger. People have and truly enjoy conversations with others, via Messenger - and when Yahoo allows this bullshit to happen...

People Lose those relationships, those business deals, and those conversations they enjoy so much. Yahoo needs to take that more seriously in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
smartalex

Why don't you guys phish your account back?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:12 AM
aitst1

Default hi

I fell victim to this this week.. I was sent ta link to visit a yahoo photo site.. i input my username and password and poof... my account was hacked.

Yahoo security /customer service has contacted me after 4 days wanting me to answer a security question i somehow created my myself and I cant answer it.. Has anyone had any sucess?
Old 03-18-2006, 12:57 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
Gotta also remember about how many people Yahoo is dealing with on a daily basis. I am sure that paid accounts take first dibs. But keep working on them as a few of us have and gotten back our accounts with the info we gave them. You'll eventually get through. Took me 3 months.

And reaper you have to remember how many pi**ed off customer Yahoo has to deal including you.

Because a pi**ed customer might not renew their accounts and go somewhere else.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:59 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper

Reaper you have to remember how many pi**ed off customer Yahoo has to deal with and if Yahoo looked at reality to realise, a pi**ed customer might not renew their accounts and go somewhere else.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Coren

I doubt it's a race thing because, unless you have pictures posted, how is Yahoo gonna know the difference?

I had something similar happen to me, except it was with a Yahoo Pictures thing. I should have figured when it took me back to my pictures account instead of the person I was supposedly getting some from. Yahoo's been slow to respond..it took them a month and a half to respond to a fax, and they're insisting on information from 8 years ago that's changed numerous times since despite me giving them info only the account holder would have access too. Very frustrated here.