Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 08:31 PM
eibgrad

Thumbs up Glory Hallelujah, Free at Last!

If you've been reviewing the Yahoo complaints at all for the past couple months, you know I and many others have been having serious problems w/ Yahoo mail. In my case, I could not get past the "Temporary problem accessing your mailbox" message. Usually this involves nothing more than a logout/login sequence, but for the past EIGHT WEEKS I've been unable to get past this "temporary" problem. And worse, getting Yahoo to lift a finger to help me, despite some 20 or so email pleas, and even calling phone support, has proven USELESS.

Last week, on Aug 18, I made one more plea, here's the crux of that email:

Quote:
My god, it's now been almost THREE (3) weeks since I last responded w/the information you requested, still no help. I'VE BEEN WITHOUT MY EMAIL SINCE JUNE 21, 2006!!! Almost EIGHT (8) WEEKS!

What in the world is going to convince you guys that it's MY account?! Heck, I can log in and change ANY ANY ANY profile information at will, modify my calendar or address book, etc. Heck, I can even give you the PASSWORD if need be (I'm only reluctant at this point to do so since it would be IN THE CLEAR). But I'm at my wits end.

Good grief, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!

Assuming that incoming mail is still getting into my inbox, take a look, NONE of it is being read! I have never, ever in the 11 years of working w/ the web, online retailers, etc., EVER seen anything as frustrating as this. For god's sake, if I can change ANYTHING in my account at will (including my password) EXCEPT get into my inbox, how can it NOT be my account!

Let's assume I'm a scammer, for the sake of argument. The fact still remains that this account has a broken mailbox. It continually reports "Temporary problem accessing your mailbox." This temporary problem has been going on for EIGHT WEEKS! Why does FIXING IT have any dependence on whether or not I am or am not the rightful owner?! If it's broken for me as a "scammer", it's also broken for <yahoo username> (the actual owner)! Don't you think <yahoo username> would appreciate it being fixed? I'm not asking anyone to change my password, all I'm asking is for someone to simply fix the mailbox, whether or not I'm the actual owner (which I am). I simply don't understand why FIXING the mailbox presents an issue of security in the first place. If it's broken it's broken. I've even attached a JPEG image to show you what I've been presented w/ for the past eight weeks. I'll send you my PASSPORT, drivers license, whatever, if that's what it takes.

(yes, pathetic, but I was nearly out of my mind at that point)

Well, Glory Hallelujah!, Yahoo finally "got the message" and did what I had been asking them to do all along - JUST FIX THE DAMN MAILBOX!

On Aug 21, 2006, the mailbox was finally fixed and I received this reply:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.

We've completed our investigation and were able to identify and resolved the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Please be sure to let us know if you have any further concerns.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Michelle

Yahoo! Customer Care

Visit our online help pages at:

[url]http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/[/url]

TWO FRICKIN' MONTHS to fix what was probably a minor problem, something that probably took three mouse clicks to fix.

All I can say is, keep trying. I not sure what finally got them to MOVE on this issue, perhaps it was the incredibly sound logic I presented (i.e., this was not a security issue). Btw, my mailbox received NO EMAILS since June 21 when all this happened. So apparently all incoming mail simply bounced or was otherwise just dropped. I’m assuming this would therefore be the case for others w/ the same problem. You might be able to use this information in your pleas to Yahoo to help prove it's your mailbox (who else would know the date all mail stopped except the rightful owner who lost access that same date).

Good Luck (you'll need it).

eibgrad

Last edited by eibgrad : 08-24-2006 at 10:42 PM.