Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
savage6

I also got my account back after having my password phished (stupid me). Fortunately, the phisher changed all of the info EXCEPT for my zip code....which was a flag for the customer service rep I spoke with on the phone.

Be VERY polite to the CSR on the phone...they have the power to give you your account back, but they won't unless you can somehow prove that it belonged to you in the first place. The CSR implied that if the hacker had changed my zip code, I would have been SOL. He also said that my account was established before a "secret question" was required. He suggested that I create a secret question so I could easily restore my acct if it was stolen again. I still haven't figured out where to do that - can anyone help on this?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:50 AM
nononsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage6
I also got my account back after having my password phished (stupid me). Fortunately, the phisher changed all of the info EXCEPT for my zip code....which was a flag for the customer service rep I spoke with on the phone.

Be VERY polite to the CSR on the phone...they have the power to give you your account back, but they won't unless you can somehow prove that it belonged to you in the first place. The CSR implied that if the hacker had changed my zip code, I would have been SOL. He also said that my account was established before a "secret question" was required. He suggested that I create a secret question so I could easily restore my acct if it was stolen again. I still haven't figured out where to do that - can anyone help on this?

I thought something similar happened to my account! I'm still not sure if I was phished or if I changed my info. after believing that I had been phished.

This has been such a headache and all could have been avoided had Yahoo responded to my inquiry about what I believed to be a "spoof page."

Well, if all else fails, I'm gonna have to call up an old friend/PC mastermind to hack my account. I need my stuff!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Reaper

I'm still in the process of hearing from Yahoo after I refaxed them my info. I recently sent another email asking if they have the info and to let me know if they were able to get a new password or not for me. When my account was taken over, the Yahoo page was in spanish or some foreign language. When I see it now, its back in English, so I hope this is a good sign.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Laurence928

Default Thanks Alex,

It appears that you and I have/had the same problems, also it appears that we both did the same thing in posting bogus personal information about ourselves. I've had my Yahoo account for approx. 10 yrs and have never changed my password, suddenly when I tried to logon my password was rejected...that was over a week ago and of course the emails are piling up in my mailbox. I still cannot gain access to my yahoo account because it will not recognize my password. Like so many of you, I have tried to contact Yahoo about this problem but to no avail. I keep getting the computer generated response advising me to do this or that.

I lookws high and low for a phone number on Yahoo's website but there isn't one....at least there isn't one that i can find. I will attempt to call them and see if I can get my account back.

Laurence
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Tymbo

Hey savage, what number did you call when you gave your zip code?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:16 AM
alairt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence928
It appears that you and I have/had the same problems, also it appears that we both did the same thing in posting bogus personal information about ourselves. I've had my Yahoo account for approx. 10 yrs and have never changed my password, suddenly when I tried to logon my password was rejected...that was over a week ago and of course the emails are piling up in my mailbox. I still cannot gain access to my yahoo account because it will not recognize my password. Like so many of you, I have tried to contact Yahoo about this problem but to no avail. I keep getting the computer generated response advising me to do this or that.

I lookws high and low for a phone number on Yahoo's website but there isn't one....at least there isn't one that i can find. I will attempt to call them and see if I can get my account back.

Laurence

Well calling yahoo, has been little help. I've been pestering them with emails even after they had said they can't do anything and that they apologized for the inconvenience. So then I decided it was a hopeless case and hopefully no one was accessing it. Well on September 24, 2005, I had signed on in invisible on Yahoo! Messenger and saw my old account had been signed into!!! That totally freaked me out. I kept text messaging the person to ask for my account back, but it was to no avail - the person under my name and yahoo id just ignored me. It's got years of private information that I need back. It's been almost two months now since I've lost access. I'm hoping yahoo can help me out as they have done for others based on what I've read from other's postings. The process is just so grueling. I'll keep you posted on whether I have received my account back.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:52 PM
alex_jebsen@yahoo.com

Exclamation Lost Access to Yahoo E-mail account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex30
Ok, let me elaborate of some of the steps. Step 1 is pretty much useless, and only thing that is usefull is the email address. So just send blank email with you Yahoo ID in the subject. Then you would get reply (may take forever though), asking you to answer same stupid 8 question that you don't remember answers to.
Then ONLY after I did not answer all the questions correctly, they send me another email, with more questions and asked me to fax answers to them. here is the text of that e-mail.

Hope this would help, good luck.

UNFORTUNATELY THAT FAX number DOESN't WORK anymore CAN someone Else provide the NEW FAX number for Yahoo! Customer Account Services????
PLEASE???
Old 09-28-2005, 04:58 PM
alex_jebsen@yahoo.com

Default Fax number for Yahoo Doesnt work

Hi guys-

I am joing this forum because I too had problem accessing my account. It all started one night when I was trying to retrieve my Instant Messenger username and password. I thought I had forgotten my Yahoo IM password so I requested a new one be sent to my e-mail when I didn't see it after a few minutes in my e-mail I closed my window and tried to re-open it when I tried to do this it said my password and ID were wrong. Which confused me because I NEVER lost my password for my e-mail or lost it. However my solution to this was to just get a new password. But I had forgotten that I hadn't updated my registration information and therefore my alternative e-mail was invalid and I also had forgotten the answer to my "secret question" and as you know Yahoo! won't give you any help unless you answer that damn question. SO I thought I am screwed.

Then I found Alex30 had posted a fax number and so I wrote a letter copied my Driver license and gave a good description of my Account that would make it unique to me.

But now that I have done that I tried to fax the thing and it doesn't WORK it just rings and rings until it hangs up on you.
Then I tried to call the phone number and all I got was someones private Voicemail.

I am at my wits end. To top it all of now taht I have had heard from others and their frustrations I am now considering that maybe someone "phised" me or " Spoofed me" and changed my info. and is trying to steal my ID.

So if someone else can provide a Fax number for yahoo! Customer Account Recovery team PLEASE E-mail me or post on here. I will be checking this too see if anyone has an ideas as to what I should do.

Thanks,
Another Alex
Old 09-28-2005, 08:57 PM
jobeth66

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_jebsen@yahoo.com
I am at my wits end. To top it all of now taht I have had heard from others and their frustrations I am now considering that maybe someone "phised" me or " Spoofed me" and changed my info. and is trying to steal my ID.

So if someone else can provide a Fax number for yahoo! Customer Account Recovery team PLEASE E-mail me or post on here. I will be checking this too see if anyone has an ideas as to what I should do.

Thanks,
Another Alex

The number in the post earlier is a valid number 1-408-349-1572. Wait until it's gone through the initial 'thank you for calling Yahoo' stuff, then hit #2, in the next menu it's #2.

That will get you a human being. I spoke with a woman named Sara who went through my information with me - but she couldn't do anything because I didn't know the answer to my challenge question. She didn't give me an email address or fax number, though - she gave me a ticket number, told me it would be escalated, and that someone would call me within 72 hours.

It's been 24 hours, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm being patient
Old 10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
spiritrunner

Default Got my password back in two days...

Thanks Alex for the info and numbers! After discovering some lowlife had changed my password, I got on it immediately and following Alex's instructions, I got my password back in two days...FAST!