Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
kriser_99

Angry Yahoo

Today, 10/15, I received an IM from Yahoo stating that there had been multiple complaints about the ID/account that I have had for over 8 years and that if I didn't want to have it deactivated that I should go to a given link to respond to their IM. When I tried to go to that link multiple times, I was told that my request could not be completed, to try again later. So about 3 hours later, I tried again and I find that my account has since been deactived. I'm really, really upset about this. I have searched thru the Yahoo help files but could not find out how to reactivate that account, sent an email to the "abuse" address and got a computer generated response - not any help to say the least. I cannot imagine for the life of me why anyone would complain about my account. I use my account for family, work, financial contact ... if this isnt resolved it will be an awful, huge, mess that I will need to try to fix.

I wonder if what has happened to me is caused by the same problem as yours?

Thanks for letting me vent and I will try to find and call the customer service number provided somewhere on this site. This is my first time to this site.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
altonfavors20

Default my email isnt working

ok so i cant log in to yahoo i need to get that fixed like asap, please ! thank you!!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
redtabby789

Talking a temporary fix to the mediacom yahoo trouble

I visited another forum called dslreports.com after searching for other people experiencing the same problems. The fix was finally found by some more tech savvy users there. read the entire process whre they found the problem and fix here.

[url]http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17077534~mode=flat[/url]

Heres the problem . The firmware that mediacom put on the modem a couple days ago is bad. It has the incorrect MTU on it.This problem is only affecting customers that are using MTA's for their Internet (i.e. Arris 402 & 502 and Motorola SBV5220). The problem does not completely cut off their Internet. It will only affect some web sites. this also seems to affect secure web sites, VPN's, as well as X-Box game consoles.Although this is a problem with specific modems,

the problem is a too low MTU setting

setting router and PC's to an MTU of 500 instead of 1500 will allow access. This will decrease speed, quite a bit though. So I chose to leave it at high speed because I have a teenager that is gaming with an online game and slowing it would apparently cause the end of the universe.

I guess I will just live without access to yahoo

Hmm 1500 to 500. Wonder if someone forgot to add the "1". Mediacom that is just too sad. Luckily that other forum had a few geniuses that figured out the problem. it will be funny to see how long it takes mediacom to figure out what they did wrong.

If you are having the same problems, you can try this though. this will really slow things down for you, but it will work, you will have slow acces to your sites til mediacom gets their heads out of their buttocks. You will have to remember to raise it again once the issue is resolved.

You can lower your mtu setting in your router setup.If Mediacom ever fixes this issue, don't forget to change MTU back to 1500

Last edited by redtabby789 : 10-16-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Jilly

Default Good Job!

Wow! Good Researching!!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Jilly

Default I'm Fixed!!

Mediacom got their problem fixed which means we can now get ours fixed. All you have to do is reset the modem.
shut the computer off
pull out the battery on the router (bottom or side) rectangular shaped
unplug the main cord to the modem/router
count to 30
put battery back in
plug cord in
turn computer on!